Thursday, April 07, 2011

Shhhhhh

If I am really really quiet folks won't see me creep into my blog and post something after a year!

The last time I posted I spoke about my new puppy. If you want to know what has had me completely distracted....it is him. Kip is my 14 month old Chesapeake Bay Retriever.


He is a "buffalo in a china shop" most days. Thankfully he has left most of his chewing days behind him. Most of my furniture is in tact since he liked to chew on me.... a lot! Many nights I cried frustrated tears because of his incessant need to chew on my arms and feet. Lots of chew marks let me tell ya!

Kip is exactly as his breed is described. He has been a faithful companion who bores easily. I had high hopes that I would be able to train him to make me the perfect Bloody Mary on the weekends but alas.....my training techniques were a disappointment. He has a throaty bark that will scare the bejeezus out of unsuspecting strangers who approach the house. I haven't had anybody come after me to see where his loyalties lie, but I am confident that he would use those big teeth of his and sink them deep into someone's skin if they harmed his "mama".

He loves his little pal Sadie. Who is Sadie? Sadie is Lyn's little companion. She can be full of fire and fury when she wants to be. Oh.....and Lyn hasn't been spared a little bite now and then. I think there is an amusing story about her nose being bitten by the Little Miss. Well......the story was amusing to me anyway. :)

That is my life for the last year. It is now high time that I begin my blogging again for anyone who is willing to read it. Perhaps a little facelift on the site is in order as well. Hmmmm.....maybe.

No comments: