Thursday, April 21, 2011

Thursday ramblings

Just a few odd and end ramblings this evening. I simply don't have one topic that I could talk all night about so I will choose a couple.

I found out tonight that my dog Kip, the 92 lb Chesapeake Bay Retriever, likes Brussel Sprouts.....uncooked Brussel Sprouts. While that seems a little odd to me that a dog would like something with such a strong flavor, he has a high food drive and will try just about anything....so go figure. His owner likes them cooked by the way. :)

I completed my third day of Couch to 5k. I don't like running and it is more strenuous than my spinner bike. I got through it though and the app said I jogged/walked 1.84 miles and burned 437 calories. Weeeeee!

I have been taking part in a weight challenge at work for the last eight weeks. Tomorrow is not only the signal that Lent is ending.....the weight challenge ends also. I am hoping for a big finish because I have only lost 7.5 lbs in eight weeks and I am very disappointed. According to my clothes however, I have lost some serious inches. I have to keep telling myself that I actually have lost about 12+ lbs since 2/1 so I need to be grateful. However! I want 2.5 lbs more!! Not too much to ask right?

I am looking forward to my trip to Boston (my favorite place to be!) and the Cape in June. I have bought a book and I am ready to chill out and not worry about anything. Just walk the beach and think about the meanings of life............ahhhhhh!  Oh yeah....and chowdah! Lots of chowdah!

That ends my brief ramblings for the evening. Kip is getting restless and likely wants to go outside for a bit. He's a good boy and my faithful companion. Who like Brussel Sprouts as much as me!

No comments: