Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Oprah

What comes to mind when you think of Oprah Winfrey? Some key words that come to my mind - powerful, strong, confident, leader and communicator. I must say that the world is a different place since Oprah first took to the airways. I mean.....Phil Donahue was still on the air! With her last show coming up very soon, I don't think there is anyone in the wings who has the kahunas to take her place.

I can't remember the early years of Oprah very well. I was 20 when she aired her first show. I was in college at that point and just didn't have much time to sit down at 4pm in the afternoon and watch a talk show. I was busy with other things. Over the years, I have managed to catch a few shows here and there but again....by the time I got home from work, she was off the air.

I guess this is why I have enjoyed watching the OWN network. The variety of shows have been interesting and I actually have had time to sit down and enjoy a few of them. She's gotten some bad press lately about the ratings of her new network, but I think that once she has her daily shows completed she will be able to grow OWN and prove that it can be successful. I mean.....she's got the golden touch. Look how many books she has managed to race up the best seller's list. I am guilty of buying at least one just because she recommended it. I figured if she had time to read it so did I.


Here's to Oprah and her life after the Oprah Winfrey Show. Methinks she has more to come......

No comments: