Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sunday morning after ramblings

Just a few items worth blogging about this morning......

A few of you may be into the latest technological devices on the market. I am a techno-freak. If it blinks, buzzes or beeps......its for me. I have recently discovered that I have a always had a thermometer/navigational system in my presence for which I was not consciously (I think I was ignoring it) aware. You have heard of Tom-Tom? I have Lyn-Lyn. "Turn left, turn right, slow down, you missed the exit, go back, there's a cop, COP!" Who needs a $300 device when I have Lyn-Lyn who provides navigational guidance AND can predict the exact air temperature just by venturing outside to walk the dog. It is truly amazing. :-/

Last night Lyn-Lyn and I ventured out to a WomenOutFront event featuring Tret Fure. You may remember her from the Chris & Tret duo. The whole Chris & Tret thing predates my life as a lesbian so shameful to say....I am not familiar with her music today or their music yesterday. She gave a very good performance and I think everyone present enjoyed the show. I was lucky enough to talk to her before her performance and we chatted about the current political campaigns and what we think is going to happen if Hillary is nominated or Barack is nominated. Her fears are the same as mine. If Barack wins, we may have more Hillary supporters swinging to the McCain side since they do have some similarities. As you recall, McCain was a supporter of civil unions up until the time he officially started thinking about running for president - then he did an about face to gain the evangelical vote. If Barack wins the nomination and McCain starts courting the gay vote.......he may gain the Hillary supporters who just can't vote for Barack. It is a big mess indeed.

At some point during the evening, there was food involved. I fixed a couple of small plates for Lyn-Lyn and I - identical food on each plate. However, identical food items aside, only one of us had the thrill on of an ongoing gastro-intestinal free-for-all shortly after we left the event. My navigational system Lyn-Lyn was seriously disabled all evening and into the wee hours of the morning. Yeah.....there shouldn't be a germ left in her body after this all-night fiesta. Egads!

I am happy to report that after almost a full bottle of Gatorade she is recuperating quietly. She must be feeling better because she is currently watching a Food Network show about the history of hotdogs. I am not allowed to order in any food at this point for the fear of starting up the carnival rides in her stomach again so I think I am now forced to eat alone this afternoon. So it looks like it will be a quiet Sunday afterall.

Oy vey!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

she lives. and, upon reporting to work this morning, discovered a co-worker had the very same gastrointestinal carnage this weekend. she stayed home. i apparently fome from heartier stock... and now get to cover all her meetings...

Martini Cartwheels said...

Glad to hear Lyn is up and running again. That must not have been too fun.

Rita said...

Oh no...not fun at all. Just the sounds of the whole experience was enough for me!!