Sunday, March 23, 2008

Sunday evening ramblings

I was reminded today that I haven't posted in awhile. Not that I needed that reminder because I was fully aware that I just didn't have anything intriguing to blog about this week.

But alas......last night was the Springsteen concert. I was very impressed. He is quite the act on stage for a 58 year old man. The crowd at the concert was much as I expected - 40 to 55 year old people. There were a few under 30 who attended with their parents. It was quite nice to see dads and sons or nuclear families all enjoying the music of a legendary songwriter. I would suspect that most of the 80's bands (Styx, REO Speedwagon, The Police, etc) have similar age group attendance when they perform special shows from time to time.

Overall it was a great show. He played most of the songs from his new album, Magic. I highly recommend that you take a listen to this compilation. The whole "E-Street Band" sound is unmistakable. It's like a walk down memory lane. Anywhoooo.....he had a four song encore (which was a tad bit disappointing since his other shows had five or six) which really rocked the house. He started with Glory Days then moved to Born to Run, Dancing in the Dark and ended with American Land. While he had audience participation throughout the show, the arena was more alive during the first three songs of the encore. All in all a job well done.

Today I enjoyed a Easter brunch at my mothers and then spent the afternoon working on some small projects around the house. What is it about a sunshiny day.....despite the temperature....that makes you just want to get out and start those Spring projects. It was a bit chilly here and I have been begging Mother Nature to begin the "warming up" process. Hasn't the first day of Spring passed or was it today? (sigh) I am not asking for much here....just a little warm up so I can really get started with my plantings, landscaping, and garage reorganization.

Those who were suggesting that I post something may be disappointed in this rather mundane post today. Ahhh well.....this week will surely prove to be a lively and busy week for me and I know that I will not have to look far for more entertaining fodder.

TA TA!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

how could anything possibly top planning for garage re-org? :)

Anonymous said...

Never boring...Thx! Now...off to my late night latte! ; ) What would I do without by blog entertainment?!

Me. Here. Right now. said...

I'm jealous. Did he still rock or did he Nebraska-ize all the arrangements?

Rita said...

Oh he rocked.....especially on the encore song lists. Speaking of Nebraska....he played out there a few weeks ago....his first concert out there in like 20 years. I heard that the crowd could be described as "subdued" and they rarely rose to their feet during the performance. Maybe they were disappointed that he didn't sing any hits from the Nebraska album.