Monday, March 03, 2008

The Boss

Bruce Springsteen

Surely the name conjures up one or two songs almost immediately even if you aren't a fan. I mean the man has had umpteen albums across a 30 year span so there has to be one song that comes to mind when you hear his name.

I was in college when his most popular album (yeah....albums. Go Google it.) Born In The U.S.A. hit the airways. I hadn't listened to it in a long time when it came on Sirius last week. Sooo many hits on that album. It was also our first introduction to Courtney Cox. As you recall she was the babe that Bruce pulled up on stage during his video "Dancin In The Dark". Yeah...now how many of you thought.....hmmm...she's a cutie. And the whole swinging of the arms back and forth to the song.....good gawd....bad dancing at its best.

He comes to Cincinnati on March 22nd with the E Street Band. Lyn and I have tickets. This is my first Springsteen show but I know that I will not be disappointed. Love him or hate him you have to admit he is a legend in the music industry. We could make comparisons all night against some of the greats but I think most greats have a place all to their own. Music genres are different and the times for which the music was hot based on society makes a difference.

He is one of my top five songwriters of all time. So this month I am dedicating my normal blog video selection to some of his new stuff - his Magic cd is great - and some of his classic old stuff.

What is it about some songs that take us right back to a certain place in time? He certainly has a wide variety of music that everyone is bound to remember just one..............

1 comment:

Martini Cartwheels said...

I've never seen Bruce in concert but I'm sure it will be a lot of fun! He has so many great songs.