Sunday, January 06, 2008

The great debates - who knew?

I watched several minutes of the debates last night and caught a few of the "prime clips" later in the news. Overall, I think Edwards, Obama, Richardson and Clinton are continuing to prove that the Democrats - no matter who is elected - will be hard to overcome in the presidential election.

I find myself watching the Republican debates just out of sheer amusement now. They are in such a state of confusion and angst that it is mostly a televised arguefest. McPain, Mitt the Twit, Huckleberry and 9ui11iani are providing instant gratification when I need a good laugh. Do you notice that they still cannot bring themselves to utter Dubya's name even in dissension? They talk about reforming things but they still can't quite bring themselves to point the finger because if they do they will find that the finger is really pointing at themselves and everything that their party represents.

Last night I heard that Bill O'Reilly (now there is a fine upstanding so-called journalist) actually attacked an Obama aide just so he could interrogate.....I mean....interview Obama himself. He actually had to be pulled away by the Secret Service. I am not a fan of Bill O'Reilly so seeing the clips of him being manhandled made for even better television!

The whole campaign leading up to the November election is really a marvelous thing to see thanks to today's technology. I often wonder what my grandparents would have thought if they had this type of technology available to them to broaden their views and analyze each candidates views and opinions. Twenty or more years ago, they had to rely on what was being reported from the local news, newspapers or even their churches to make sense of what was happening. Each one of those mediums provided their own biases for the direction they should take in making the decision. I find myself keeping my parents informed on what is happening since they do not have a computer or cable tv.

So no matter what side of the fence you happen to fall on, you can't say "I didn't know" or "I was confused". You now have the ability to research, analyze and discuss in multiple forums. Times have changed all of us in this respect.

Just the fact that I am blogging about this today would blow my grandmother's mind........

No comments: