Friday, October 13, 2006

Women

Does anyone really remember what your first couple of dates were like with women?

I was reading a few lesbian blogs this morning and I had to remember what it was like for me and my first couple of serious and non-serious relationships. Looking back.......it is very much like shopping for shoes. You try some on....looking for the right size and style. Something that fits your own personality. Some of the "shoes" look promising............you take them home and in two weeks you end up taking them back because they don't fit exactly right.

But seriously..........the twenty/thirtysomethings of today should not be troubled over the dates of today. I guess in hindsight it is easy for me to say "dont' worry about it". I remember how I felt when dates didn't go well or when my head wasn't on straight and I completely blew it. Been there done that. It is all part of the maturation process.

I think the most important thing to know is that all of those past experiences will one day lead you to something grand. Don't lose faith in your future. I have several close friends who have been in long term relationships for some time and I know that the road to getting to those relationships was not easy for them. They all have their own stories to tell.

So for those lesbian twenty/thirtysomethings who happen to read my blog today, keep the faith and continue to shop!

Ta Ta!

No comments: