Thursday, January 17, 2013

Doggy Dog Dog

 
My dog Kip is a hot mess. He turns three next month and still has a mean puppy streak in him. You can't really tell by this picture, but he is a Chesapeake Bay Retriever. An energetic Chesapeake Bay Retriever. Can you see it? Ha! This was taken on a snow day actually and he was enjoying it as much as I did. 
 
As any dog does....he loves his Mama. He is very loyal and a faithful companion. When I have to take him to the kennel, the house gets eerily quiet and it is a bit lonesome. The big guy has "presence" and a huge heart. Just ask those who he loves and adores. They've been tackled many times.
 
I had to take him to the kennel tonight because I am heading out of town tomorrow. While he loves Pet Suites and they love him, he doesn't like for me to leave him. It made me a little sad this evening because he literally kept staring at the front door after I walk out of the kennel. How do I know? I peeked in a side window. He was standing there pulling on the leash looking at the door. Tugs on your heart strings....I have to say.
 
My big hearted guy will be just fine and I will see him on Monday. I am a lucky woman.

No comments: