Saturday, February 16, 2008

Martha Stewart

I know you must be thinking.....now where is she going with this post?

I am a big fan of Martha Stewart. I think this happened when I purchased my Sirius satellite radio two years ago. I was aware of Martha from her appearances on the Today Show and her homemaking segments on cable, but never would I have guessed how much more I would appreciate her after listening to the Martha Stewart Channel for the last 24 months. If you have ever wanted to do anything in your home or garden, this channel has the answers.

This past weekend I received Martha's latest book - Martha Stewart's Homekeeping Handbook. Now before you break out into fits of uncontrollable laughter or seizures.....take a breath and ask yourself.........have you ever had a question about something in your home that you didn't have an answer for? This 800 page book helps you out with everything in your house. It is Martha's brain. This is the type of book that is well overdue in the marketplace. She covers every room of the house and gives you all the tips and tricks on how to organize your home.

I have only read the first chapter and a half but I have already begun "martha-fying" my home. In fact, here is the definition of my new word with its derivitives:

mar-tha-fi-ca-tion - n. the action of organizing your home in line with the Martha Stewart standard. derivatives - mar-tha-fy-ing, mar-tha-fied

Yes yes....laugh if you must, but there isn't a lesbian out there who could not use a little organization and some homemaking tips. Some of us more than others! I tell you.....this book has it all. It is well worth the $45 price tag and I have not seen anything else in bookstores that rivals it.

I am not normally the one who will brag about a book so you must understand that this book really offers something to everyone. No matter how much you think you know......you don't know. I am happy to say that every old dog can learn a new trick and this book is a prize.

TA TA!

1 comment:

Martini Cartwheels said...

Hi Rita - Great Blog! I'm so glad you popped by. I plan on being a regular visitor here.