Sunday, October 28, 2007

Ouch. Still. But Not for Long...

Remember this from a few posts back?
Well, it's still throbbing, cracking, creaking, locking, clicking, popping. And hurting. Thanks for letting me whine.

The good news is I'm a step closer to getting relief. Mere days, hopefully, as surgery is scheduled for 11/6.
Side bar: Yes, that's election day. And yes, I will still vote. I'm pretty sure I can hobble in to the polls and remain upright long enough to at least get Kentucky once step closer to a non-criminal new governor who just happens to be of the democratic persuasion. I'm looking at it as practice for 2008. It's too important this time around to miss.
Oddly, at 40-something, I've only had one brush with surgery of any kind, and that was wisdom teeth removal. I've never even had stitches, other than those put in after the wisdom teeth were removed. This is arthroscopic, so I'm hopeful it won't be too traumatic. God knows I nursed she-whose-name-i-don't-speak-in-this-blog through enough of them.
So go ahead, share the bevy of lesbian knee surgeries gone bad tales. I'm determined to stay positive and eager!

4 comments:

Me. Here. Right now. said...

One word: Morphine

I had no idea.

Anonymous said...

funny - even in the face of surgery, staples, stitches, etc. - you kill me!
you'll be fine, grrl - and if there's anything i can do just call!
Ida

Anonymous said...

whoa! staples. stitches. morphine?

and to think i'm more worried about controlling boredom than pain. perhaps i should re-think that.

Lachlan said...

My laternal meniscopy was a snap. No major deal at all. Sounds like you did ok too, post-op. The rehab is the tough part- you have to be disciplined but not insane. ;)