Thursday, May 25, 2006

Hicks-ville

I would be remiss if I did not provide a little "sumthin sumthin" about this year's American Idol broadcast now that the season has come to a close. I must say that I was not thrilled with the two finalists. Taylor had charisma and Kat had cuteness. I was a bit disappointed in both of their voices from time to time although Taylor did seem to do better than Kat. He knows how to work the stage and perhaps it was this footwork that allowed him to "walk away" with the title of "American Idol".

I'm sure you are all aware that the producers of American Idol lock down managing rights with their winners. I am not really sure how many albums they lock these kids into but Kelly Clarkson is on her third album and she is still being managed by Simon Fuller. If they hoped to make money from the winner, is Taylor Hicks a money machine? I don't know about that. I am still trying to figure out his musical genre. Although.......with that bright purple jacket he was wearing on Tuesday night I would have sworn he was heading to Vegas.

Egads......Vegas. Barry Manilow may finally have some competition with the little old ladies!

Ta Ta!

No comments: