Monday, July 14, 2008

Katie Reider 1978 - 2008


Many of you have read my posts over the last couple of years about Katie Reider. Recently I posted about her rare Myofibroblastic Inflammation tumor and her two year fight to beat the odds.

Katie's fight ended this morning shortly before 7am.

To say that this is a blow to those who admired and loved her is an understatement. Katie possessed a unique quality of being able to reach out and connect to her audience in such a way that you just couldn't get enough. She "oozed" something that drew you in hook, line and sinker.

She had so much life and vitality and so much to look forward to with her family and her career. She was just getting started and her popularity was growing. Katie was too young to leave this earth, but she blessed us all with her grace and presence and I consider myself lucky to have heard her perform.
Rest in peace Katie. We are all better people for having known you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dammit. you made me cry again. this is so awful...

Me. Here. Right now. said...

How terribly sad...I really hoped she would beat the odds.

Martini Cartwheels said...

Very, very sad.