Thursday, December 22, 2005

Christmas shopping

I don't know about you but I always struggle with gift buying for a few of my relatives. Either they already "have everything" or I simply cannot gauge just what they would like for a present.

My 75 year old father is a tough one for me. Unlike Tom Cruise, he is no couch jumper. I have found that the less my father says when he opens his present the more he likes it. It has taken me years of buying the wrong present to figure out this reaction. This I know..........hats are not popular but 25 inch TV's are a hit.

Since I cannot buy him a television every year, nor does he need one every year, I think I have managed to find at least one present he will definitely use - a gas card. Most everyone I know, including my father, drives a car. With the price of gas these days (anywhere from 2.14 to 2.25 a gallon in Cincinnati) I figure this will surely be received with little or no reaction which means....he absolutely loves it. I did go out on a limb a buy one more item for him so I feel like I will be relatively successful this year.

So for those of us who still have to shop.......my suggestion to you is to go the easiest route. Grab a gift card for food or gas. The one thing you can be sure of is that we all have to eat and most of us still have to drive.

Merry Christmas!

No comments: