Thursday, December 25, 2008

So this is Christmas.....


Wow....what a day.

After an early morning rise, I started my day with my Dad and breakfast. I chose to cook again this year because this was a new tradition that my brother and I decided would be a good idea last year. So I was determined to keep up the new tradition and kept the menu to a minimum since I was the chief cook and bottle washer.

Then....on to Mom's for more food. This meal was more filling than the first and I was glad to see this "last meal" coming to tell the truth. The last 24 hours - including Christmas Eve - has been one big food fest leaving me in a sizable food coma. I have summoned just enough energy to blog this evening. Actually....I was hoping that a little more activity would allow me to work off a few calories.

Lyn headed home with her family today and methinks that she is in a food coma now herself because my text messages since 6:30 have garnished no response. I think Fried Chicken was on her menu today. I have seen many o' women fall into a deep food coma after several helpings of Fried Chicken and all the fixins. If I get no response soon, I may have to go out in the backyard and send up a few signal flares so she can find her way home. I realize that drinking and driving is not a good combination, but a food coma is not something to take lightly!

Tomorrow will be a day of taking it easy and unwinding a bit. Cocktails and a movie sound like a really good plan. I have a feeling that it will also include a few trips to a local mall or favorite department store just to check out the bargains. Just typing that last sentence made the "non-shopper" in me scream out in angst......(sigh)

Enjoy the food coma while it lasts. Tomorrow is another thing entirely.......

No comments: