Monday, June 24, 2013

Espionage Stuff

Even if you aren't a news junkie, it is likely that you are aware of the recent news story about the NSA whistle blower - Edward Snowden. The last couple of weeks the media has been covering his every move and comment after he decided to tell the world how our government handles spying and surveillance. Currently, he is seeking asylum in Ecuador to avoid being prosecuted by the United States.

While I have commended the actions of whistle blowers from time to time, I just can't in this case. Anyone else remember this?



Here is why I stand in support of the government and their ways and means of reviewing phone records, emails, etc. of American citizens. As a result of 9/11, there were thousands of men and women who volunteered for the military to combat terrorism to allow us to continue to enjoy the level of freedom that we have been accustomed. Many of them died for that service to keep us free.

I want the government to do whatever is necessary to keep us safe. Currently, they are pulling phone records to see who I have called. Heck, they may even be listening in on my conversations.....I don't know for sure. What I do know.....is this is the very least that I can do to support my freedom. I think as Americans we should all contribute to the well being of the nation. Why should our men and women in the military be the only ones to shoulder the brunt of the action for our security?

If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to worry about right?

No comments: