Saturday, October 04, 2008

Saturday morning ramblings


Ahhhh.....Fall is here my friends! The much cooler nights here in the Ohio Valley have been a welcomed sight for my AC unit. We seem to have much shorter periods of Fall these days. Thanks to the recent hurricanes and the windstorms that it brought to the Midwest and the NE much of the pretty trees and their leaves didn't stand much of a chance. Today I am going to begin a little yard cleanup in preparation for winter. I have been told by two sources who follow the Farmers Almanac religiously that we are in for a bad winter. I don't know whether to believe it or not but it does lead me to think about getting a snow blower.

  • How about OJ Simpson? Thirteen years to the day of when he was "pardoned" for killing his ex-wife and Ronald Goldman, he receives a guilty verdict in Vegas for Armed Robbery and Kidnapping. Apparently the sentence - even if it is light - could keep him in jail for much of his remaining days. I don't know if it brings much solace to the Goldman/Brown families since they wanted him to pay for the murder of their family members many years ago but the fact that his verdict arrives exactly on the day 13 years later is freaky to say the least. It might be the "ghost of Christmas past" coming back to haunt him in a very real way.
  • Ok....has everyone finished reading their copy of the Bailout Plan? Anyone? Apparently the only way they could get some of the H of R folks to vote for it was if they added some "fat projects" of theirs to the bill. So now we are paying for other stuff that isn't relevant to the bailing out of Wall Street. I did check the bill to see who didn't vote for it in my area - Congressman "Comb-over" Chabot voted No. The thing about this bill is no one reeeeaallly knows if it is going to work out or not. They are taking their best stab at it. Kinda like adding Sarah Palin to the Republican ticket.......
  • Speaking of the good Governor from Alaska.........I thought she had a good night at the debate as well as Senator Biden. Let's face it - either of these candidates were capable of turning this debate into a real nightmare! Thank God for 5 days of debate prep and 35 years of Congressional experience to keep everything in line. I compare Sarah Palin's efforts to her Republican Convention speech. She had a binder of information at her podium and since she can read well.....she had no problem following along. "Joe" as Sarah Palin likes to call Senator Biden did a lot of smiling during the debate and I am still trying to figure out if this was his way of belittling her comments or if he was simply thinking...."Wow...she is an attractive woman when she taunts me like that."
  • Hooray! to Tina Fey's impressions of the great moosehunter! It should be another lively SNL session tonight!

This has truly been a lively week all around and I know I could ramble on a few more topics but then I would miss my chance to cleanup the yard. Ugh! Everyone have a great week!

TA TA!

1 comment:

Martini Cartwheels said...

Well dog-gone it, I thought Sarah did ok. Better than I thought anyway. Love your comment about the smiling Senator. And I so hope Tina Fey keeps up with the impression. It is priceless.