Monday, January 26, 2009

Post Birthday Musings


Ahhh yessss....another birthday has bit the dust and we are off and running with the new year! I had a very nice weekend of margaritas, Italian food and bling........life is good.

It has been quite a challenge for me to blog lately. I am trying to get back in the saddle but it has been a slow go of it for me. Lots of interesting topics have been floating through my head lately so I may be able to make a better effort soon.

A quick note on the vacation decision.......as you recall Lyn and I have been looking for a place to take a little break. After several good ideas....we have decided to take a nice long weekend and spend it in Las Vegas! Lyn has never been to LV and as everyone knows......you have to go there at least one time in your life. We have a fabulous room at the Bellagio and there is no doubt in my mind that we will be lucky enough to have a warm day in March to sit lazily by the pool. May not be a tropical beach resort......but LV has enough resort style comforts that we should feel quite relaxed while we are there.

Can someone tell me why we have to endure endless television appearances by the idiot governor of Illinois? Impeach him already!

Ahhhhh.....our new President and the First Lady........they just ooze love and respect for one another. The other past Presidents looked almost afraid to touch their wives. What a refreshing change! Someone who can lead by example in the "family man" department! Good stuff!

So when is the next federal holiday? Oh yeah......Memorial Day. (sigh)

I would be remiss if I failed to mention that the 23rd Annual Oyster Festival on March 27th in Cincinnati at the Washington Platform. Yep......Shuck 'em, Suck 'em, & Eat 'em Raw! Are there any other oyster lovers out there?

Thanks for the birthday greetings one and all. It was a good one!

TA TA!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a wonderful birthday weekend :) Bling? You received bling?? Do share!! The next Federal holiday is President's Day!!

Martini Cartwheels said...

Las Vegas sounds like a great choice. I'm sure you two will have an awesome time!

Anonymous said...

"The other past Presidents looked almost afraid to touch their wives. What a refreshing change!"

ahhhh, so THAT's the change we have been waiting for! LOL